Tuesday, July 12, 2005

“Chip” off the shoulder

Ah, I don’t where to start this at??? I am guessing the begin Duh. It makes me angry just thinking about him. I have this guy, at my job that I have DATED for a month. The guy I call him “Chip” is very arrogant but I didn’t know this at the when I met him.
Sounds familiar? Well I made it absolutely clear to CHIP I did not want A COMMITMENT. It is the only way for me after breaking up with Rude Jude. My intuition also told me to take it slow and it was right. After my 2nd date with Chip I found out he was divorced and was an alcoholic at 22 years old. SHIT! So I am not an alcoholic maybe just maybe he is not an alcoholic. And on top of that, everyone at work finds out we are dating after the second date and tease us. I had gone out with one of the bartenders a week earlier but it wasn’t any thing serious. So dating guys at work is not such a good idea. Say this is getting complicated now; I feel like I am in one of those soaps on TV.
OK, it not my fault that I like guys (not quite men but not a boy either) they just happen to be working with me. : ) this guy Chip is real generous with his money buying me drinks and dinners. Solid guy on the outside but I can tell inside is suffering from jealousy and an ultra ego. He telling all this shit about being a “one woman guy” and I roll my eyes. I have the confidence but he is insecure and makes rude remarks about my character. It could be when he drinks he acts this way I don’t know. It is pissing me off when guys degrade women to the point where it’s not a joke anymore. The worse part is we work together and not only do I have to put up with the shit from other employees but also my manager knows now too. The fact is he wants a girl going Bonkers over him to the extreme A MARRIAGE. I am not down with it. One more thing he bought me a ticket to the Dave Mathews Band this weekend. I am flooded with the facts and the facts are:
1. How am I going to break it off this Chip?
2. Can I break up with him and keep my job?

“Chip” off the shoulder

So I am working last night with Chip, and he and I, are way too busy to talk to each other. He is hungover from going to Orlando this week and seems a little flirty with this chick Romy. He is on my shit list now! But I casually shrug it off because I could care less if this relationship goes any further. So I made plans to go out later last night to this Irish pub with a girlfriend of mine. It didn’t occur to me to tell Chip of my plans but he asked later on what I was doing after work. Since I am now “MARRIED” (not really married) to this guy, I tell him my plans. I can't stand when someone you start to date wants to know everytime you use the toilet to report it to them. He gets really aggravated at me for telling him that and starts making obnoxious comments to me. So I left work last night and turned my cell phone off. To no surprise at all, I have a message from him this morning. What a loser! I am not a kiss and makeup kind of person.

9 comments:

Charlie Mc said...

Is he your boss? If not, there should not be any job repercussions about breaking up with someone! Just do it nicely and politely. Tell him something crazy like your psychiatrist says dating for you right now is not a good idea.....

Charlie Mc said...

any new news on the front with Chipster today? ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes! He called me around 1am and he was just waking up afterhalf the day is over...I cannot stand him, he's over weight, smokes, drinks too much all things I am not. Will keep you informed Cmac.

Nicole said...

Dump him now!!! If you're worried about your job, talk to your boss first. Then DROP HIS ASS!! If he is talking down to you now, it will only get worse! He is a loser! L-O-S-E-R (talked to your momma and got the inside scoop-there is one that needs to be taken, do it)

If only there were enough of Charlie to spread around the country!!

Frank said...

Wow! This guy sounds like a real tool! You should tell him to get bent!

Charlie Mc said...

BiPolar, you are too funny! :)

JUST A MOM said...

OK here is the deal, you say look here "chip" this "US" thing just isn't working out, we have totaly different ways of life. So lets just cut it clean right now,and stay friends before that is no longer the case. IF he is your boss he can not fire you because there are laws and he must have a higher boss you can go to! :) Hang in there and stand you true ground!

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

I know first hand, they are standing in line and drueling at the mouth to go out with you. Everywhere you go, they are flirting, staring and begging you to take their tele#. Get over being so shy and go out with only the winners. Chip is nice, but you deserve the very best. It will all work out I promise.

Nicole said...

PS: Charlie's mine!